On Tuesday, Oct. 17, the Wake County Board of Education began discussions about Draft 2 of the 2018-19 Student Enrollment Proposal.
Here are some of the main proposed changes outlined in Draft 2:
• Remove proposal to assign students from Davis Drive Middle, West Cary Middle and Dillard Drive Middle to East Cary Middle.
• Amend proposed grandfathering rules. Learn more.
• Change some proposed assignments related to the opening of Buckhorn Creek Elementary.
• Changes to the proposed Timber Drive Elementary base attendance area.
• A northeastern portion of the Willow Springs Elementary base attendance area is proposed to attend Banks Road Elementary.
• The Everwood subdivision is proposed to attend Bryan Road Elementary.
• Transfer students at Jeffreys Grove Elementary are proposed to remain at the school.
Please submit feedback in the appropriate topic thread.